From:
Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 15:26:14 -0700
I think you must include the idea that 67 percent of the composers music
can be listened to repeatedly over the years.  I can look forward to
Beethoven, Mahler, Mozart, Bach, Shostakovich, Brahms, Bartok, Stravinsky,
and a number of others without permanently tiring of them.  However, I
share the idea of many of the listeners of my radio show: Please, please,
no more Tchiakovsky...  It seems the people I know and that enjoy my
programming are permanently tired of his music...  great though it is.

Ray Bayles