From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:11:21 -0700
Chris Bonds relates a curious crossover tale:

>I learned yesterday of a rather curious amalgam of styles.  Dave Lombardo,
>former drummer for Slayer, has teamed up with several Italian virtuosi
>(including oboist Luca Avanzi, flutist Mauro Scappini, and Ottavio Dantone
>on harpsichord) to make an album called "Vivaldi: The Meeting."

Sounds scary.  Are we familiar with The Great Kat? She's a
Juilliard-trained violinist who dresses (and makes like) the dominatrix,
and plays Vivaldi (et al) at 1000 mph on an electric violin, as well as
playing your thrash metal etc.  Pretty gruesome stuff.  Incredible velocity
though.

On the other side of the spectrum is Apocalyptica.  They are 4 mean-looking
longhaired Finnish cello players whose first (all-acoustic!) album
consisted entirely of Metallica covers.  Veeery interesting.
Note-for-note.

-These are not necessarily reccomendations.-:-)

Bob K.