From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 17:46:56 -0700
Tony Duggan ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Steven Schwartz wrote:
>>
>> Rodrigo Ventura wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a good Stravinsky's Rite of Spring recording?
>>
>> Boulez with the Cleveland on Sony (Boulez's second recording of the work).
>
>Yes, that's mine aoso. Don't overlook also the one by Igor Markevich
>with the Philharmonia.

Doesn't the Testament reissue contain both his mono and stereo recordings?

I have the stereo on a  EMI France set, probably long deleted. Great
performance and even more extraorindarily it was, IIRC, recorded in a
single session, which Markevitch had left over after finishing something
else (anyone know what?) early.

Anyone else heard the Marco Polo discs of Markevitch's own music BTW?

Deryk Barker