From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:53:06 -0400
John Halbrooks asks:

>Does anyone care to make recommendations for Haydn's "Paris" symphonies?
>I'm willing to go HIP or otherwise.  Since I can't find a CD of Szell
>conducting these, I'm at sea choosing between Bernstein, Karajan, and
>the HIPsters.

I have the HIP performances of Bruno Weil/Tafelmusik on Sony (recorded in
1994).  I've found them satisfactory.  The performances I like best are on
LPs with Fricsay/ RIAS--but those are the snows of yesteryear.  The Weil
stuff should be available.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]