From:
Doris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:52:30 -0000
Bruce Hunter wrote:

>One of the final attempts involved me trying to send "OK", (dah-dah-dah,
>dah-dah-di-dah) which kept coming out as the rhythm for that old pop
>tune "Barbara Ann", (Ba-ba-ba-,ba-ba-ra-Ann).  8^) A short study of the
>instruction book convinced me that music "helpers" was not the way to go.

Try this: it's a tune attached to a Kentish Brew name "Spitfire-the
Bottle of Britain" the ads were on the London Underground until someone
took offence, which considering Fawlty Towers episode of "The Germans"
is very popular in that country, seems a little "barmy" to use an English
expression!  What amazed me is that I couldn't work it put, but eldest
son-alas a heavy metal fan (:-) got it right away.  Clue;theme from a Film.
"DER-DER.DER- DER.-DER.DER.DER-DER".

Doris.(very young during the Canterbury "blitz" of course).