From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 19:11:20 -0400
John Smyth:

>It's very hard to find many reviews of the above in the pre-compact disc
>era.
>
>Any performances, (other than the well-covered "legendary" ones that
>have withstood the test of time?

Coming a bit late to this thread, and staying in the LP era, one recording
that simply imprinted itself into my system from the very first hearing
was the Mercury one Dorati and the London Symphony made of the Handel-Harty
suites, both the Water Music and the Royal Fireworks.

Sure, it's only marginally "Handel," but the horns are splendiferous.
It's in very nice early stereo sound, and was later reissued as a Golden
Import, but I have no idea if it ever came out in CD.  If it did, I'm
sure it would have had to be combined with something else, as even the
original LP was barely 30 mins.  in duration.

Bill H.