From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 02:02:00 -0500
Jocelyn Wang wrote:

>I know from whence you come, as I am 23 years old, and went through the
>same experiences not many years ago.  A good reply to your friends might
>be something along the lines of, "So you mean you have closed yourself off
>to music that is inspired by genius and actually requires some thought to
>grasp?

and so on......

I agree that Jocelyn has some good retorts, but I would caution Jeremy not
to close himself off to other great musics.  Many people who make a career
out of art music dismiss other genres as inferior.  I think that this is
foolish and bull headed.  All genres of music have their merits, even rap.
The discriminating listener knows how to separate the good from the bad.

Kevin Sutton