From:
Jeff Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:20:59 -0500
Nicholas J. Yasillo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My other unabashed recommendation is for a new work by the astoundingly
>prolific, brilliant American composer Augusta Read Thomas.

I am always pleased to read of others' enthusiasms, but "astoundingly
prolific" doesn't seem the best way to describe Thomas's output, which
seems about average for contemporary composers of note, and miniscule
compared to Mozart, Bach and of course many others.

I wish I could attend the Winnipeg Festival to hear some more of her
stuff.  They do a terrific job up there, as I witnessed a few years
ago when Christopher Rouse was their honored composer.

Jeff Dunn
Alameda, CA