From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:33:17 -0500

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Kyle Major wrote:

>I think we truly live in a superfluous culture, especially when seen
>through the lens of a consumer.  I think if you count the number of
>Coca-Cola ads you come across in a day you will realize this.  (Yes, coke
>paid me to mention their name).

I am reminded of a quote I read in an article about Celibidache. He was
asked what he thought of von Karajan...he supposedly said something like,
not very good. Someone then replied, but he has made so many recordings
and they have sold so many copies. He then replied, they also sell lots of
Coca-Cola...does that make it a great drink?

Or as another friend of mine once put it, do we always elect the best
person to be President?

Karl