From:
"Robert Stumpf, II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:33:48 +0000
Is it just me or has Gramophone sold out?  I look at the latest issue's
cover and I see:

"The Greatest Conductor of All?: Furtwangler..." Then, just next to
it is a photo of Shostakovich with the caption below, "Leningrad: The
Symphony that saved Russia." Then, after having posed such pseudo-questions,
the articles don't even address them.  I suppose that is the good news.
It seems to me that Gramophone is becoming more and more commercial,
more superficial...kind of like what has happened to Time and Newsweek.

Just some thoughts that ran across my brain like ants to a picnic.

The Intellectual Hobo.