From:
Pamela McElwain-Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:14:53 -0600
I would like to share an experience with a piece of music that came from
a movie.  When I was quite small I heard a piece that I loved, but had
never heard again until recently.  Instinct pulled me into a vintage
clothing store, where for some unknown reason I pounced on a CD of
romantic classics, slid it in my car's CD player, and heard the piece I
now know as the "Warsaw Concerto".  I've sinced asked my mother if she
played it on our piano; she hadn't.

I googled and found that the piece, by well-known British composer Richard
Aldinsell, came from the movie "Dangerous Moonlight".  Motifs are used
throughout the soundtrack, and the entire piece is played in a concert
at the end of the movie.  More googling turned up a reasonably-priced
copy of the movie, which I am now waiting with delight to view.  I believe
know the movie may have played late at night on tv at one time while my
parents watched it and I, of course, was supposed to have been asleep:-)

Pamela McElwain-Brown
Minneapolis, MN USA