From:
"Yoel L. Arbeitman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 15:02:55 -0400
Karl Miller wrote:

>Not more than five minutes ago I was checking the David Nice volume one
>of his Prokofiev biography.  Jim beat me to it!
>
>What was interesting to me was the trouble Prokofiev had in getting it
>produced.  The Chicago performance was delayed...and, in the meantime
>Beecham (of all people) had agreed to do it at Covent Garden...but that
>fell through.

Thank you both.  Since the time of my last post on this matter I have
both gotten the Nice volume and have on the way both the Gergiev CD set
and a DVD-R of a telecast in Russian shown on French tv mezzo channel.

I am hoping that it will have French subtitles.

I did see the Bruck in a used store when I first posted a while back
but, when I returned, it was gone.  <Sigh>,

Best,
Yoel