From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:59:53 -0600
Bernard Gregoire wrote:

>C'mon guys and gals, let's not start James Levine bashing so soon.  Levine
>has not yet conducted one concert as Music Director of the BSO.  Let us not
>have a repeat of Ozawa bashing with the new conductor before he begun,
>already!

So, do you think his approach to music will change once he takes charge
in Boston? I say we reinforce our bashing...maybe even suggest picketing
Symphony Hall...

I really do wonder what the Trustees of the BSO were thinking when they
made that hire.  Did they sit around saying things like..."well, now that
Ozawa is out, who else can we get that is noted for his dull
performances..."

Karl