From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:30:47 -0600
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>In the January edition of The Gramophone:
>
>   Boosey & Hawkes has signed a deal to offer hundreds of
>   snippets of classical music for mobile phone ringtones.
>   Listen out for The Rite of Spring on a train near you...

Many years ago...I had a supervisor who had computer phobia.  With my
odd sense of humor, I replaced the "quack" she was using as her alert
tone to one of the more bombastic measures of Le Sacre.  I would have
given anything to see the expression on her face the first time she
encountered the Stravinsky on her computer.

Karl