From:
Ray Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:41:24 -0700
Deciding on special old or German ways of pronouncing Bach's name only
adds pretense and exclusivity when we need more commonality to increase the
acceptance of classical music...  Let the British pronounce Bach their way,
Germans their way, U.S.  their way...  There is no reason whatever to make
it more difficult for anyone...  and making people uncertain about how to
pronounce names and terms is only a negative as far as I am concerned...
Why do it?

Ray Bayles