From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 20:39:01 +0800
Bernard Chasan wrote:

>Danny lists some favorites, asks for more.  Two great nineteenth century
>omissions: Schumann and Grieg.  Moving to the twentieth century,

Ah....  How can forget the Grieg.  I do have that, and perhaps have
listened to it so much that I forgot about it.  But I do not yet have the
Shumann.  I heard it in a concert some 3 years back, and have heard once or
twice passively when the local radio was playing.  it.  I am surprised that
it is ranked together with the Grieg.  Perhaps I should go and get a CD and
listen more closely to it.  It somehow do not leave any impressions (not
like the FIRST impressions Grieg left!) during my brief encounter with the
Shumann Piano Concerto.  Any recommendations?

I am hoping that someone will mention the Carnival of Animal.  But no one
did.  Heard it in Fantasia 2000.  Is it by Copland or Schoenberg? Got mixed
up somehow..  thanks to enlighten.

danny