From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:35:19 -0800
Steve on Nevsky:

>I have four performances of the work: the old Fritz Reiner/Rosalind
>Elias on RCA; the Thomas Schippers/Lili Chookasian on CBS/Sony; the Andre
>Previn/Christine Cairns on Telarc; and this one.

No Abbado??  Why?:) It's a performance I would call exciting yet voluptuous.
The last mov't is one to savor, taken at a uniquely majestic pace that
allows for more "dramatic pointing" than any other version I've heard.
The new remastering is audibly better than the (very good) original with
regards to soundstaging width and depth.

John Smyth
Sacramento, CA