From:
Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 19:48:06 +0100
David Runnion drips a little blood on the dusty remains of an undead
thread, and here it comes again:

>Sadly, the recapitulation of the first movement lacks a repeat sign.  I'd
>sort of like to repeat it.  Could this be a printers' error? Are we sure
>that Mozart intended the section to be unrepeated? After all, everybody
>repeated the recap in those days, why should he go to the trouble of
>writing it out?  Just wondering,

>From me, same answer as before.  If you think it's good to do it that way,
go right ahead.  Just put a note in the concert programme (or wherever)
that the repeat is not as written.  And play it the original way now and
again, just to see if you've changed your mind.

It is barely possible that other listmembers may disagree.

My advice to one and all is to print out all messages with this subject,
place them in the sun at a crossroads, drive a wooden stake (a cocktail
stick would probably be adequate) straight through the lot, then go home
and place a crucifix on your modem and drape garlic flowers all along your
telephone wires.  If you happen to have a silver bullet lying around, shoot
your monitor with it.  I seem to remember that running water comes into all
this somewhere, but be careful to unplug your computer from the mains
first.  Or is it holy water?

Ian Crisp