From:
Mark Ehlert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:40:07 -0600
Aryeh Oron wrote:

>Then I thought that the best idea would be building a repository of short
>biographies of all the important (and less important) performers (mainly
>Conductors and Singers) of the Bach Cantatas (and Bach's Other Vocal
>Works).

Have you considered looking into the "International Who's Who in Music and
Musicians' Directory"?  (It has split into two volumes recently, one of
which is devoted to classical performers and composers.)  I've consulted
this text before, and it seems pretty thorough...at least, for the names
*I've* sought out.

Mark K. Ehlert