From:
James Hunsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:58:35 -0500
Ron Chaplin wrote:

>I hope I still have readers at this point.  The main reason for writing
>this post is to ask if anyone can recommend a recording of La Valse for
>piano.

The La Valse transcription has been one of Laredo's signature pieces for
decades and those of us who appreciate her playing have coveted her own
recording, which was released as an LP on Connoisseur Society.  It was
widely praised at its release.  You shouldn't have a problem finding a
used copy; unlike her Scriabin sonatas, I don't think the Ravel has been
rereleased.  There have been any number of other pianists who have
tackled this work.

Jim Hunsley