From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:40:09 PDT
Andrew Carlan wrote:

>I thought you, especially, would keep to Nielsen.  You mentioned how
>much you liked his quartets.  You were going to give us your impression of
>them all.  Then, you too, veer off the subject.

Don't be concerned; I can handle many subjects within a short time period.
Besides, I didn't veer off the subject.  The thread is about opus 5; I
wrote up the comparisons and nobody took exception (I have no idea why).
It's time to move on to the next quartet, but I was on vacation three days,
and I need a block of quality time to listen and compare the various
versions.  That takes a lot of time; the write-up takes a few minutes.

Andrew wrote very highly of Beethoven's 8th symphony; that's the one I could
easily live without.  But, I'm sure Andrew agrees with me that Mozart's best
symphony is his 39th.

Don Satz