From:
Terry Newstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:18:18 -0500
Kyle Major writes:

>I am a young composer interested in non-equal-tempered tuning systems.
>
>... Also, I would like to expose myself more to "microtonal" music and
>non-traditional (at least in a modern Western sense) tuning systems.  If
>anyone has any suggestions of recordings or books for me I would greatly
>appreciate it.

This is not exactly what you asked for, I think, but do listen to Cedille
CDR 90000 018 "Easley Blackwood:  Microtonal" (Easley Blackwood,
synthesizer; Jeffrey Kust, guitar).  Mr Blackwood has composed some
interesting music using equal-temperment, but with varying numbers of notes
per octave (13 to 24, if I recall).  The guitar pieces use 15- and 19-note
tuning, and the others are for synthesizer.

Check it out at http://www.cedillerecords.org/blackwood/html

Terry L Newstrom