From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:02:08 -0500
Kwon Younghee wrote:

>Can anyone recomemend a recording of contemporary music composer? I would
>like listen to the music at first, but I have no idea about that.

Einojuhani Rautavaara (Finland, 1928) is one of the most gripping living
composers, imho.

The Ondine label has released many CDs of his music.  I'd recommend ODE
881-2: aside from his VC, it has "Angels and Visitations" and "Isle of
Bliss."  There are two Naxos CDs of his music: one for solo piano, the
other with two concertos and a symphony.

On the wild guess that you may be in Hong Kong, I wouldn't be surprised if
your public library had some music by him.

Bert Bailey, in Ottawa