From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:09:51 -0400
Ray Bayles wrote:

>Since the Encyclopedia Britannica set can now be put on one DVD, when
>will they do that with the New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians...
>saving a lot of trees and shelves.

It obviously could be done.  How do I know?  Because they've already
put the New Grove online.  I live a block from a college library and
have access to the online version there.  And believe me it is a distinct
pleasure to have searchable text when you're writing a review of something
and need to look up uses of terms like 'hocket' or 'Hindemithian
counterpoint'.

Unfortunately, an individual probably would not want to pay for the
online version.  I have no idea how much it costs but it surely is not
cheap.

Scott Morrison