Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 08:45:11 -0500
Dear All, I am in Boston this week to rehearse with the Kalistos Chamber
Orchestra.  I would like to invite you to our Sunday afternoon concert
at St. Paul church.  I hope to see you there.

Kalistos Chamber Orcehstra would like to invite you to its November
Concert, featuring violin virtuoso Peter Zazofsky!

Boston-based string ensemble, Kalistos Chamber Orchestra, will perform
Sunday, November 26.  The program will feature renowned violinist Peter
Zazofsky in Jakov Jakoulov's Gypsy Concerto and the Berceuse for solo
violin with string orchestra by the late Donald Sur.  The program will
close with the Divertimento for Strings by Bela Bartok.

Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for students/ seniors, and are
available at the door, by calling 617-522-3310, or by visiting
www.kalistos.org

We will also collect canned goods to feed the hungry.  Please bring a
food item for the St. Paul church pantry for the underpriviliged.

WHO:
Kalistos Chamber Orchestra

WHAT:

Jakov Jakoulov          Gypsy Concerto
Donald Sur              Berceuse (arr. For Violin and String Orchestra)
Bela Bartok             Divertimento for Strings

WHEN:
3:00 PM.
Sunday, November 26

WHERE:
St. Paul's Church
15 St. Paul St.
Brookline, MA

Peter Zazofsky is first violinist of the Muir String Quartet and an
internationally recognized soloist, chamber musician and educator.
Winner of numerous prizes and awards, he has performed worldwide with
the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Berlin Philharmonic, the Amsterdam
Concertgebouw Orchestra, and many others.  He is currently associate
professor of violin and chamber music at Boston University

About Kalistos
Kalistos Chamber Orchestra was formed in the winter of 2002 by a group
of Boston's finest musicians, brought together by their common love of
music and a desire to contribute to the community.  Their varied
backgrounds, perspectives, and talents blend together in a
collaborative environment, creating a unique orchestra that is
completely democratic in its artistic direction.  The group is fully
rotational both musically and administratively, allowing each member to
explore and develop every facet of a chamber orchestra's
responsibilities and roles.  For more information visit
http://www.kalistos.org.

Chris Younghoon Kim
Director of Orchestras at Cornell University
www.arts.cornell.edu/orchestra