From:
"Duc T. Phi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:40:08 -0300
Octogenarian conductor Georg Tintner had been receiving recognition for
his outstanding recording of Bruckner's symphonies.  A recent e-mail on the
excellent state of his health, from his wife to a list member, was posted
on this list with her permission.  It is therefore with profound shock that
I learned last night from the CBC's Sunday Report that Georg Tintner died
Saturday in a fall from the balcony of his apartment in Halifax, Nova
Scotia, Canada.

The world has lost not only a great conductor but also a great person.
Having read about him, listened to him in recordings and in live concerts,
and met him many times, I cannot adequately express my sorrow at the news
of this tragedy.

Duc Phi