From:
Sally Behr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 08:37:10 -0500
Renato Vinicius at [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Andrys wrote:
>
>> I have coupons available until 8/31 and decided to post them today after
>> a piano-forum discussion about a newly available set of 14 CDs by Schnabel
>> for between $44 - $54, on the Dante label.  ...
>
>What about the set? Did you (or who ever had bought it) listen to it? I'm
>thinking on buying cause I don't have a complete set of the sonatas, yet.

The Dante set contains all the sonatas from the EMI set (from the 30s).  It
also contains all the bagatelles and concerti, and most of the variations.
I have listened to a couple of the cds from the Dante set and find them far
superior to the EMI set.  They have a different sound than the Pearl issues
(which retain more of the high frequencies, but consequently contain more
surface noise).  I find the Dante to be a very natural piano sound,
allowing the dynamics and pedaling of Schnabel to come through more
clearly than the EMI set.

Bob