From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:30:18 +0000
Bill Pirkle writes concerning this on-line music service:

>There is a lot of classical music from current and past albums.

I'm not sure about that.  I went into the site, registered, clicked on
"Classical" and found mostly Naxos offerings.  Haydn String Quartets -
Naxos.  Scriabin everything - Naxos.  Granados piano works - Naxos.  Etc.
Etc.

It's sort of a Naxos home away from home.  When I clicked on Bach's
Well-Tempered Clavier, the only response was Edwin Fischer.  This site
needs to GREATLY increase its inventory.

There are some fine aspects to the service.  The sound is wonderful, and
it's nice to listen to a complete work of your own choosing.  Right now
I'm listening to Rachmaninov's Preludes from Idil Biret.  I have the
disc, but it could be anywhere within 2,500 square feet.

I thank Bill for the information and just might sign up permanently.

Don Satz