From:
Olivier Solanet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:21:48 -0400
Deryk Barker responds to me:

>> My piano and musicology professors would tell me that I was too young
>> to appreciate or understand Mozart.  I replied that I would never fathom
>> this obsession with this particular Austrian.  Yet, I was wrong, and my
>> professors, of course, were entirely correct.  It's only been about a
>> year since I've begun to appreciate the intricate subtlties that comprise
>> his genius.
>
>But they were wrong about Beethoven?

As of today, yes.

They also new not to push the Beethoven on me.  It's amazing how much
less time it would take me to learn a piece like Gaspard than the months
it would take me to painfully hammer out any relatively easier Beethoven
sonata (except, again, Op.  111, which I do adore).

The mind has a mind of it's own...

olivier solanet
http://web.mac.com/solaneto