From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 06:55:49 PDT
Aaron Rabushka wrote:

>Verlet's renditions of the Clavier-Uebung suites are also quite good.  My
>only gripe is inconsistency with regard to repetitions.

I know I should probably care about how "repeats" are handled, but it never
seems to impact me one way or another.  Prior to hearing Peter Serkin's
Goldbergs, I assumed I would have a problem with his lack of repeats.  But,
his playing was so good that I hardly noticed.  And it tends to be that way
for me with other works as well.

What I'm most concerned with is the quality of what is being played,
repeats or not.  The worst scenario is a relatively poor performer who
insists on doing every single repeat - torture.

Don Satz