From:
Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 10:10:41 +1000
Deryk Barker replies to Hi-Do Shin:

>>Actually, this brings a question to my mind.  If I remember correctly,
>>NAXOS declared early on that it will not record and sell multiple versions
>>of the same work.  However, I have noticed an increasing number of such
>>duplications.  Examples would be the Beethoven symphony cycle (Edlinger
>>and Drahos), and now this Tchaikovsky symphony (Leaper and Alsop), ...
>
>You missed out the two Sibelius cycles (Leaper and Sakari). i think
>they've simply quietly abandoned that policy.

Officially, the policy was no unneccessary duplications & no deletions;
& given the vagueness inherent in the word unneccessary & that HNH has
a plethora of minority labels to keep old recordings in the catalog
somewhere, Klaus H has more or less kept within the letter (& perhaps also
the spirit - there's remarkably little duplication in full HNH catalog) of
his decree.

Live in peace
endeavour2 project <http://www.geocities.com/robtclements/endeavour2.html>