From:
Daniel Beland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 18:47:21 -0400
Those interested in Canadian music sould take a look at the CD Boutique of
the Canadian Music Centre:

   http://www.musiccentre.ca/

(Look under CD Bargain Bin)

Many excellent CDs are on sale at only SIX dollars CDN (about $4.00 US!).
I strongly recommend the Essex Winds and the I Musici de Montreal CDs!!!
The CD entitled "Montreal Postmoderne" is also interesting, and includes
two works by the late Claude Vivier.  There is also a good Macmillan CD...
At this price, a great opportunity to discover some Canadian composers and
players!

I would also like to mention the excellent new "Canadian Composers
Portraits Series":

   http://www.musiccentre.ca/centrediscs/portraits.html

Give a try to the music of Jacques Hetu and Jean Coulthard!  Great stuff...

Daniel Beland
Calgary, Alberta