From:
"Robert Stumpf, II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:13:04 +0000
Every now and then I hear some music on the radio, whilst tooling around
town, that I know, but don't know who is playing it.  On the other hand,
I just HAVE to know what recording it is becuase I HAVE to have it.  One
time I was listening to Schubert's "Great".  I pulled over and listened.
I was almost in tears it was so moving.  It was Furtwangler with the BPO
in 1950 (?).  Another time it was Dvorak's "New World".  Pull over
again...it was Kubelik and the BPO.  Now, I know this is nothing particular
to the BPO or 9.  Any similars to share?

Bob
The Intellectual Hobo.