From:
Sami Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:58:00 -0400
Martin Nickison II:

>Since two threads are DSchokovich(sp) Preludes and Bach's Goldberg
>Variations, I wondered if anyone heard them by Jazz/Classical pianist
>Keith Jarrett.  After listening to him do a totally improvised concert
>for piano solo, my soul has been re-invented.  Any thoughts??

I too like the Jarrett version, as well as his solo disc called Bridge of
Light, which includes:

   Elegy for Violin and String Orchestra
   Adagio for Oboe and String Orchestra
   Sonata for Violin and piano
   Bridge of Light for Viola and Orch.

This was a whole new look for me on Keith Jarrett and I think he has the
potential to be a goodcomposer in a light vein.

Also, if you like the DSCH Prel and Fugues by him, you might like the DSCH
Jazz Music.  The Suites 1 and 2, Piano C No1, op.  35 and Tahiti Trot are
all on London 433 702-2

Sami Klein