From:
Aryeh Oron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 06:18:08 +0200
Bach Cantatas Website hosting Donald Satz' Reviews of Bach's Non-Vocal Works

Donald Satz' erudite and enlightening reviews of various recordings of
Bach non-vocal works are very well appreciated by members of the mailing
list groups to which they are sent.  The problem is that after they are
sent, they are no longer available for future readers, unless they are
members of those lists and have access to their archives.

I think that it is a shame that these reviews have not had a home until
now in a form of a Website.  Therefore, I suggested to Don to host them
in the Bach Cantatas Website.  Gladly he agreed.  I see myself honoured,
privileged, and proud that he allowed me hosting them and presenting them
to the wide public.

I allocated a special section in the Bach Cantatas Website, which is
dedicated to his reviews and which also includes some of the feedback to
them.  They are edited according to the same guidelines I am using to edit
the messages included in the Bach Cantatas Website.  There is, of course,
general index to the reviews, according to BWV number and performers.
The internal search engine of the Website covers also the pages of these
reviews.  The Bach Cantatas Website is non-commercial and it does not
include advertisement.  I see it as a service to the wide public,
especially the Bach lovers' community.

The index page to the reviews of Bach's non-vocal works is located in the
following address:  http://www.bach-cantatas.com/IndexNonVocal.htm There
is also a link to this index page in the Bach Cantatas Website Home Page:

   http://www.bach-cantatas.com/ (on the left side).

Enjoy this wonderful collection of reviews,

Aryeh Oron
Bach and Jazz Music Fan