From:
Julia Werthimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:37:35 -0700
I'm cheating a bit because this is not an all-orchestral program, but I
think it would be very enjoyable.

   Janacek

1.  Taras Bulba.  A very involving extravert piece to draw the audience
into Janacek's world.

2.  A complete change: String Quartet No. 2 - "Intimate Letters".  Here
is Janacek at his most introvert and passionate.

   Intermission

3.  The Glagolitic Mass.  Again something totally different, with wonderful
vocal writing.

This seems like quite a long evening, but the Mass only lasts about 40
minutes.  I think a whole evening of Janacek would be very rewarding.

Julia Werthimer <[log in to unmask]>
California, USA