From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 16:34:01 -0400
Bruce Alan Wilson wrote:

>In all this talk of Left-Handed Concertos, I've not seen mention of
>the Korngold (I apologize if I missed it) or for his suite for string
>quartette and piano/left hand.
>
>The question about why there is no concerto for the *right* hand--at
>least never one I've heard or heard of--well, I don't know,

Doesn't it have something to do, at least in part, w/ the thumb and
forefinger of the left hand being stronger than the ring finger and pinky
on the right hand and thus better able to play the upper melodic line?
Or did the person who told me this just put me on, figuring that, as a
non-player, I'd have no reason to doubt this?

Walter Meyer