From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:51:15 -0800
Recently swung by Tower Records and noticed a few interesting things in
the New releases.  First of all, I picked up a Double-Decca of Scriabin's
Orchestral works conducted by Ashkenazy which I thought was really good.
This was my introduction to his 2nd Symphony but I enjoyed the entire set.

Here are the new releases that I am curious about: Kubelik conducting
Beethoven #7, #8 and #9 (Deutsche Grammophone two-fer.) New Mahler #4 -
Boulez Mahler #1 & #5 - Sinnopoli (another DG two-fer)

I'd like to hear from anybody that has heard these disks.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)