From:
Jeff Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:40:59 -0800
Martin Anderson wrote:

>let me canvass your various views on what unrecorded items you would
>most like to see brought before the microphones.  I am open to virtually
>anything vaguely in the western  classical tradition, provided that it is
>not already adequately represented in the catalogues.

I believe you asked this question last year, but it's certainly worth
continually asking in order to get unrecorded, worthy music before the
public.

I'm not sure if Toccata's in the business of quasi-reissues, but on the
conservative side of the spectrum (and I like avant garde stuff as well,
mind you), I've long admired the music of Patric Standford.  He has a
tape of a perfomance of his Fifth symphony which I think is a classic
example of collage/postmodern writing.  There may be rights issues
associated with it, but it certainly deserves to be as widely disseminated
as Berio's Sinfonia.

If I think of chamber works by a composer worthy of your imprint, I'll
pass them on to you!

Best of success in you venture,

Jeff Dunn
Alameda, CA