From:
Alan Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:18:17 +1000
Steven Martin :

>My only question is why aren't conductors like David Lloyd-Jones, Kuchar
>and Tintner taking advantage of their exposure and touring? Given a choice
>between seeing them conduct and Mehta or Abbado, I know who I would choose.

When, many years ago, Tintner was conducting the Queensland Symphony
Orchesra on a regular basis, he seemed so frail that I sometimes wondered
if he would last to his next scheduled concert.  Since then he seems to
have produced a number of highly recommended recordings!

Perhaps in his case touring would be a bit too much of an effort.

BTW, all those years ago he was very highly regarded in Brisbane.  We heard
him first!

Alan Dudley