From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 21:16:50 -0400
Chris Bonds on six easy steps to becoming a world-famous critic (-:)

Some are attracted to music for its mental discipline, some like
weight-lifters for its physical exercise, some like the love-lorn for its
comradery, some for the idolatry it holds out, some for a spirituality they
can't get from religion, some because it is chic (especially opera), some
because like the Lexus it excludes the unwashed and unworthy and some for
love.

If you just love it, my God by the time you got through the checklist
you'd decide it was more prudent to retain a bachelor.

For me, it isn't whether you avoid the errors, it is how high you reach.
Some of the greatest interpretations are the sloppiest and worst organized.
But that is just one slob's opinion.

Andrew Carlan
"Standing Up For Nielsen"