From:
Stirling Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 18:39:27 -0400
Gama wrote:

>I recommend a visit to the HIP-ocrisy Home Page!
>
>http://www.geocities.com/hipwoollymammoth/

I've learned that anyone who uses the world "rule" as an adjective is
generally not worth reading, but I slogged on.  And had my previous
experience confirmed.

Get in line behind all the other unHIP bigots, there being no shortage
of tirades that run the other way.  In fact, there have been whole books
of collected essays which sneered and the idea.

In fact, anti-Hipsters shot first, shot more often, and in much larger
publications for about 2 decades.  Unfortunately for their position, the
HIP movement produced more and more good performances, had a persuasive
idea, and the public bought more and more of their recordings and went to
the their concerts.

Please, become an XFL fan or something if this is the level of discourse
you want.  Ooops, I forgot, there is no XFL any more...

The answer to all such arguments is in notes.  One proves this with chops,
not cuts.

Stirling Newberry
http://www.mp3.com/ssn