From:
Alan Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 08:57:18 -0400
Don Satz wrote:

>Speaking of poor taste and programming decisions, I was driving to work he
>other day listening to the first movement of Mozart's clarinet quintet, and
>figuring that I'd get to hear some of the 2nd movement before I arrived at
>the workplace.  What was I thinking? The station didn't play any additional
>movments.  ...

Speaking of cutting things short, allow me to take a moment and "complain"
about a certain practice of a certain sindicated classical radio program
originating in the North Central United States...

Am I the only one who can't stand it when (I believe the program is "Music
Through the Night" or something like that) the Minnesota Public Radio
programs will play a minute or two from some piece just as space filler,
then cut it off and not say what it was? It drives me crazy, personally,
especially when they are playing some wonderfull sounding piece I don't
recognize.  Half the time I still don't recognize it at the end, albeit
through no fault of mine...

Alan Lynn