From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 22:56:13 -0400
Donald Satz wrote:

>a.  What about Arte Nova? The Naxos lovers seem to treat this other budget
>label as a non-entity.

I don't have as many of these, but the Skrowaczewski Bruckner is
outstanding.  More old world than Tintner, but wonderful.  The Saarbrucken
orchestra is a real pleasant surprise.  What a Brucknerian sound they make.
I think I've said this before, but it's worth repeating.  The Zemlinsky
Lyric Symphony is also good.  The Janacek disc by Vaclav Neumann with the
Sinfonietta and Violin Concerto is pretty good, but the sound on the
Concerto is a little harsh.  For what it's worth I do think the SInfonietta
is better than the one on Naxos.

Roger Hecht