From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:10:04 +0100
Mats wrote:

>Lets not forget that Haitinks Sjostakovitj 13 is still not bad.  maybe that
>comes he has such a good and sensetive singer (Marius Rintzler).

and Peter Ludin replied:

>Lets forget Haitink all together, just Rintzler beeing a good singer does
>not help, compared to Kondrashin he way of, way of in everything that this
>symphony is about, Haitinks 'Babi Jar' (part 1) does not give You the kind
>of stale bood tast as does Kondrashin.

I agree with Mats!  Haitniks Babi Jar was the first recording of this work
I got, and I still like it a lot.  Maybe I got an imprint on it as Peter
might has gotton one on the Kondrashin, thus its difficult to accept other
versions.  I have most of Haitniks DSCH syms.  and IMHO for the price these
are usually sold they are a great bargain.

Recently I got Rattles recording of the 4th sym.. Impressive! I was a bit
disappointed with Stokovskis recording of the 11th, but I heard that the
transfer of this disc is not the best.

Achim Breiling