From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:45:58 -0500
Douglas Purl wrote:

>Place blame where it belongs, on humanity.  Radio stations can hardly
>be blamed for seeking to survive.

But, unlike commercial stations, WETA, is not paid by sponsors, who are
reluctant to support programs w/ low ratings.  WETA buys its programs
and is no doubt paying a pretty penny for the morning talk shows it's
substituting for the classical programs, which I strongly suspect cost
it less.

>The only constructive way to save CM is to stop the riff-raff from
>breeding.

We all know that the riff-raff doesn't listen to public radio!

Walter Meyer