From:
Herve Blandin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 02:37:59 -0500
Cheap in the USA at least, but I woud like to know what gems, In anyone's
opinion, have been found after buying some of the collections available
at rock bottom price.  2 labels are brought to my mind, AURA and also
ERMITAGE.  Tons of Haskil, Michelangeli (fabulous Chopin concert Torino
1962/AURA 135- 2), and a superlative version by ARRAU of the Liszt sonata
coupled to the Appassionata (ASCONA 1971/AURA 182-2).  Mravinsky, in
arguable recording quality, is also well represented in the collections
originating from the old Soviet U.  vaults.

Anyway, hwo do you feel about collecting such labels as far as music and
concerts represented, has it been worth it? Thank you.

Herve Blandin <[log in to unmask]>