From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:34:39 -0700
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Over here in the States, it's Guiness, one of the few British/Irish beers
>that are good out of a can (one of those newfangled kinds).
>
>You could open a restaurant/bar with this kind of idea.

Roger -- what a concept!  Where are you? Nowhere near Alexandria, VA, I bet
-- curses!  We have an Italian restaurant here which regularly holds 'opera
evenings' with semi-pro performers -- which would be great if the food and
wine were up to par.  Maybe this idea is the next 'fad' in the
rapidly-failing micro-brewery industry here!

I agree about Guinness here in the US, by the way.  I understand it's
mostly brewed in Canada and draught (draft) Guinness across the States has
been Guinness' greatest marketing success -- ever!  And I have the slipped
chest to prove it!!!

Tim Mahon
Thirsting for a pint of Banks!!