From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 14:02:43 PDT
Mike Ostrowski wrote:

>Can anyone tell me anything about him?  Any prizes?  Any recommendations?

I consider Andsnes a terrfic young pianist who could be one of the "greats"
as his artistic maturity advances.  I have his Nielsen solo piano disc on
Virgin, Grieg solo piano disc also on Virgin, the Rachmaninoff 3rd that
Mike mentioned, a Haydn piano disc, and a disc of 20th century piano works
on EMI.  With each recording, Andsnes displays superb technical acumen and
insightful interpretations.

I think if Mike buys one or more of the above recordings, he'll be in for
a treat.  I don't know anything about prizes except that I never receive
any.

Don Satz