From:
Renato Vinicius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:31:24 -0200
I ever heard that George Bernard Shaw was a great critic for music.  I
read his essay about the Ring of Wagner.  A very good one - IMO, too - was
Mencken, of whom I read an anthology book, in which there were some essays
about music that I considered excelents, scpecially one about Beethoven an
Simphony Eroica.

But I never heard about a collect of all essays and critics on music of
them in just one book.

I would like to know, also, wich other "classic critics" of music there are
and which are these books, in order to get a nice library of essays on CM.
I have some books that I consider good and they are of brazilians critics.
I already read them and now I want new ones.  I read some biographies, but
I don't prefer them, cause I think they are too much objective.  I prefer
to read opinions.

Some writers that I would like to know if have books or essays on CM are
also Thomas Mann, Edmund Wilson, Karl Krauss, Gardiner, and any others,
classics or news, that could bring me different perspectives on listening
and apreciating CM.

Thank you,

Renato Vinicius